Finding your way in life can be a lot like finding your way through the jungle...there are a lot of pretty things to look at, but if you're not careful you can easily get distracted, stray from the path, and get lost. Worse yet, you may even get devoured. Thankfully, there is One willing and able to guide us through the safari of life. He even provides us with an instruction manual full of survival tactics! Here are just a few:
1. Arm yourself with The Word, be disciplined and stay on guard. The more you know the manual, the easier and more quickly you can put it into practice in defeating the enemy. Your enemy, the devil, is prowling around like a roaring lion just waiting and hoping for the chance to devour someone (1 Peter 5:8).
2. Take the light with you. Sometimes, even when you stay on the path, there may be some dark periods. His word is a lamp for your feet, a light on your paths (Psalm 199:105).
3. Utilize the strength He provides. Don't try to be the hero. Life is hard. Remember, it's His strength, and His alone that will get you through. You can do all things through the strength that He gives (Philippians 4:13).
4. There is strength in numbers. Find others walking the same path as you; encourage and walk alongside them (Hebrews 10:25). And, when one of you falls down, you’ll have someone to help you back up (Ecclesiastes 4:10).
5. Even if you get lost, no matter what time of day, call out and He’ll be there. You may at times, choose to stray from the path, but remember He is never far from you. Morning, noon or night, call His name and He will be there to rescue you (Psalm 55:17).
So...congratulations to all those graduating! Enjoy this special time in your lives, and...welcome to the jungle! If you commit your way to Him, you will surely succeed! (Proverbs 16:3)
Heavenly Father, thank You for the special moments and joys in our lives. I ask for Your blessing upon the lives of all those graduating at this time, Lord. May they seek You in all they do, and trust in Your infinite wisdom and strength as they venture into the jungle.